FAQ: Homeowners Insurance Claim Questions

Having homeowners insurance claim questions is natural when it comes to finding out if your stormwaterfire or mold damages are covered. Most of the time your insurance will cover the costs for these kinds of damages and repairs and KHR would be happy to answer any questions you may have as well as do the repairs for you.

Can I use homeowner's insurance to cover restoration services?

In most cases, yes! Most sudden damage is covered by homeowner’s insurance policies. However, there are some events that are not covered. Be sure to contact your insurance provider to discuss your policy and figure out exactly which accidents they will cover.

What do I need to file a claim?

The specifics will vary depending on your insurance provider and the extent of the damage. You may be asked to provide photos of the damage, receipts for lost and damaged items, quotes from a repair company, and more. Your insurance company can offer more specifics about filing a claim.

What if I don't have insurance or the damage isn't covered?

Not every homeowner or commercial property owner has insurance. Additionally, the specific event may not be covered by your policy. If you don’t have coverage for the property damage, you are still in luck. At KHR Restorations, we will work with you and your budget to repair the damage and meet your needs.

Process of Navigating an Insurance Claim

Navigating the insurance claims process can seem a little complicated, especially if you have never done it before. However, learning about the process can boost your chances of getting the money you deserve within a reasonable time period. Though the specifics of the process depend on your situation, you may be asked to submit photos of the damage, schedule a home inspection, get repair estimates, and provide a list of receipts for lost items.

Before filing the claim, it is vital that you determine the cost of the property damage. You should also document the damage to the best of your ability. If the damage is extreme, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. If you take any steps to prevent further damage, be sure to notify your insurer first. Then, you can file your claim. Be sure to read over your policy to see what is covered and what is not.

KHR is professionally licensed and insured and are preferred contractors by Owens Corning and also have restoration certifications like the IICRC Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT) and IICRC Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD).

Do you need help with commercial or residential damage restoration services? KHRestoration Contracting has all your fire, storm, water and mold damage needs covered.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons