Fire Damage Restoration
Once you agree on the type of restoration you want, KHR Restoration will be able to help you being constriction your home following any fire damages. We have the tools and experience required to get your home back to what it looked like before and lower the cost that other companies might try to overcharge you for fire damage restoration. We at KHR Restorations work our hardest to make this process easier than ever to repair your home following a fire.
The first 24 to 48 hours after a fire is the most crucial time for stopping further damage and stabilizing your home. The first step of fire restoration is contacting us. We will respond immediately to assess the damage and develop a custom restoration plan.
We will investigate how the fire, smoke, and soot have spread to see how badly your walls, roof, and belongings have been damaged. In many cases, tarping the roof and boarding up the windows are necessary to protect the integrity of your home and reduce further water damage.
If your home has suffered water damage, standing water must be removed first. All affected areas must be fully dried and sanitized to prevent mold growth and warping. Next, smoke, soot, and debris must be removed from the surfaces in your home. Any lingering odors must also be treated before we can begin restoring furniture and repairing the damage. Depending on the extent of the fire, smoke, and water damage, this may involve replacing or repairing flooring, cabinetry, drywall, furniture, your electrical system, and your roof.
What to Do After a Fire
When your home has suffered fire damage, the steps you take once the fire is out can determine whether items can be saved. Your home can also pose a danger as the fire may have damaged the electrical system.
- Limit movement in your house to avoid embedding soot into material
- Use oil or petroleum jelly to protect chrome
- Change your HVAC filter and tape cheesecloth over your air registers
- Do not wash surfaces, carpet, or upholstery without contacting a professional. Clothing should not be sent to a dry cleaner yet. Improper cleaning methods can set in soot and smoke odors.
- Do not use or clean appliances that were close to fire, heat, or water until a repair service is contacted.
- Do not use packaged food or drinks stored near the heat.
Contact KHR fire damage restoration services once the fire is put out to quickly begin restoring your home. With prompt action, many of your belongings can be saved and the extent of the damage can be minimized.
Hopefully, with a lending hand, you can finally get your life back on track and make your home look better than it did before.